Research and Advisory
Many business fail in their attempts to do business in African countries because they do not take the time to understand the specific business, political or socio-economic environments within which they seek to operate.
We compile research-based analysis and advisory packages that are tailored to address the specific contingencies of the African country, region or local environment within which our clients operate. These reports typically address issues such as:
- Business intelligence
- Regional, national and local political analysis
- Policy research and analysis
- Economic research and analysis
- Community research and analysis
- Local market research, analysis and monitoring
- Community and business relationship analysis
- Media monitoring and analysis
Know Africa and Hlaziya Solutions have combined to provide clear, concise data and analysis of various African countries’ national elections.
The increased democratisation of African politics requires that those operating in African countries need to have a deep understanding of how a country’s elections will affect their operating environment. With this in mind, Know Africa and Hlaziya Solutions have combined the best on-the-ground political analysis with cutting-edge data tools and analytics to ensue that their clients are prepared for any changes an election may bring.
Depending on requirements, the analysis can be presented as written reports, interactive presentations, or a combination of both.
Our analysis typically covers the following themes, but these can be extended to better suit county and client requirements:
- A review of past elections.
- Electoral system and its impact on national politics.
- A look at registered voters and their likely behaviour
- Our in-house scenarios and forecasts – nationally and, where possible, regionally.
- A review and analysis of the country’ political landscape
- The possibility of public disorder, protests and violence leading up to the elections.
- Possible policy and process.
South African Business in Africa
We help our South African clients navigate the very varied perception of South Africa, its companies and nationals that they are subject to when doing business in other African countries.
African Country Inductions and Intercultural Training
In Africa, causing offence through a lack of knowledge of local practice, custom or culture can have a very negative effect on productivity and company image. An understanding of a country’s history, socio-political environment, local cultures, communities or consumers is, therefore, of particular importance when doing business in African countries. With this in mind, Know Africa Research Consultants offers African country inductions, intercultural training and community-based research that helps our clients avoid such damaging misunderstandings.
Depending on requirements, country inductions and intercultural training can include:
- Deep insight on the specific country’s history, politics and social structures, with a focus on their implications for living and/or working in the country.
- Identification of local cultural frameworks, highlighting their local business cultures.
- A focus on the understanding of cultural frameworks in operation in specific African communities.
- African communities’ responses to companies’ marketing and advertising.
- The business etiquette of various African countries.
- General cultural dos and don’ts for those operating in new cultural environments.
Know Africa is a proud and licensed re-seller of Meerkat Advisory training courses.